Sunday, November 9, 2008

NO COMPARISON











We were squeeking a bit in our early days here, because of the apartment we moved into. The couple before us had used this apartment, partially because of it's location. The location was good, but what we found was equally as convenient in terms of location, but had a few 'EXTRAS" that we favored.

The entrance to almost all apartments we've seen is through a heavy metal door. This one is from the old location.




Because of the building boom here in Yekaterinburg, the new apartment we found was certainly more modern, roomier, and just simply more comfortable for old folks like us!

















As a result of several visits to local members, we have also noticed the spectrum of apartments in terms of space, facilities, and the modernness of each.

This is the NEW place! Here are some comparison, side by side:





































To say that we are thoroughly delighted with our "new digs," is a statement that is right on the mark. We live on the 6th floor and have windows that look out each side of the building. On the one side, we see the parking and the play grounds for the children. On the other side we see the street below and the houses that line the street. This is the view of our apartment from the street below.
















Now, to those of you who are, "Where's Waldo" fans, here is a new version of "Find Grandma."
Can you see her waving HELLO, from Yekaterinburg?

WE LOVE IT HERE!

7 comments:

Dena said...

Great job in finding another home away from home. You're right there is no comparison! I hope you have a dryer:)

R-Eight said...

So much better! I'm glad you're settled.

Yvonne said...

Hi Donna,
I spent the morning visiting with Rachel and she told me you were having a wonderful time in RUSSIA!!! Wow! When she told me you had a blog I told her I wanted the link so I could check in on you.
I absolutely CAN'T imagine being in such a cold place! and speaking something besides english!!! I'm in awe! But of course you have always put me at awe!
Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
Yvonne Wall

Christina said...

WOW, that is quite the contrast. When Eric sees that, he's going to flip! I'm pretty sure they didn't have apartments this nice in Moscow! Great pictures and glad you're happier! Will you be here the remainder of your mission?

Hermana Whitehead said...

Your description and the looks of your apartment building makes me think of the theme song to "The Jeffersons":

We're movin' on up...to the East Side. To a de-lux apartment in the sky-y-y.
Yeah, we're movin' on up...to the East Side... We finally got a piece of the pie.

I think you are movin' on up. But, do you have your piece of the pie?

Mom in Mendon said...

Thanks for the comments!
Yvonne, I'm so happy to hear from you! Tell your girls "Hi" from Russia. Dixie, How do you know all the words to that song?! Actually, we didn't come here expecting to "move on up." But we're grateful for what we have. And there's no dryer. :)

Unknown said...

You guys are living the "POSH" life of Russia now!
Personally, I liked your old place. a much better reminder of "missionary life" in the MOTHER-LAND!!


ERIC